2017 Diver’s Complete Liability Release
1. I understand SCUBA diving has inherent risks and dangers associated therewith, including but not limited to risks associated with equipment failure, perils of the sea, acts of fellow divers, and I specifically assume such risks.
2. I acknowledge that I am a certified SCUBA diver trained in safe diving practices and have practiced my diving skills in current within the last year. (If not, circle #2 below).
3. I will inspect all of my equipment (including making sure that my tank is full) prior to leaving the dock and will notify The Scuba Club Palm Beach LLC if any of my equipment is not functioning properly.
4. I will not hold The Scuba Club Palm Beach LLC, nor any of its employees, agents or dive boats responsible for my failure to inspect my equipment prior to diving.
5. I acknowledge that I am physically fit to SCUBA dive and, I will not hold The Scuba Club Palm Beach LLC responsible if I am injured as a result of heart problems, lung problems, other illnesses, medical problems, or physical problems which occur while diving and/or snorkeling, or getting on or off the boat (whether it is in open water or docked at The Scuba Club Palm Beach LLC).
6. I will remain with my buddy and the float carrier at all times.
7. I will immediately notify the divemaster and stop my dive if:
a. I feel uncomfortable with my diving abilities; and/or
b. Diving conditions are worse than I have been trained or have experience for.
8. I will inflate my buoyancy system any time I am on the surface, even if just for a few moments.
9. I will have a snorkel, submersible pressure gauge, an alternate air source, and a buoyancy compensator with an automatic inflator on all dives.
10. At no less than 800 psi, I will notify the divemaster that I am beginning my ascent to the surface.
11. I will arrive on board the boat with a minimum of 500 psi still remaining in my tank on each dive.
12. I feel competent in self-rescue techniques and in giving aid to my buddy (If not, circle #12 below).
13. If I become distressed on the surface, I will immediately drop my weight belt/weight pockets and inflate my B.C. for permanent floatation assistance.
14. I understand I have a duty to exercise reasonable care for my own safety and agree to do so.
15. I understand that it is not the responsibility of The Scuba Club Palm Beach LLC to act as the guardian of my safety while on a dive trip.
16. I am aware of the dangers of holding my breath and other improper breathing techniques while diving and will not hold The Scuba Club Palm Beach LLC, its agents, employees, or dive boats responsible if I am injured doing so.
17. I fully understand and am aware that the dive boat has limited medical facilities and that in the event of illness or injury, appropriate medical care must be summoned by radio and that treatment will be delayed until I can be transported to a proper medical care facility.
18. The Scuba Club Palm Beach LLC has made no representation to me, implied or otherwise, that they or their crew can or will perform safe rescues or render first aid. In the event I show signs of distress or call for aid, I would like assistance and will not hold The Scuba Club Palm Beach LLC, its crew, dive boats or passengers responsible for their actions in attempting the performance of a rescue or first aid.
19. I fully understand that if I am unable to complete the dive for any reason (including but not limited to: seasickness, equalization, buoyancy control, or equipment malfunction) I will not receive a refund.
20. Before getting on the boat, I will notify The Scuba Club Palm Beach LLC of any special needs that I might have, physical or otherwise.
21. I fully understand that this liability release will be in force and apply to any and all dives that I do with The Scuba Club Palm Beach LLC between today’s date and December 31, 2017.
22. I have read the foregoing in its entirety, I understand it, and I agree to the terms and conditions hereinabove set forth on behalf of myself, my heirs, and personal representatives.
Diver’s Signature Printed Name Date Signed
Mailing Address City State Zip Code
Parent's Signature Printed Name Date Signed
(if diver is a minor)